And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for I am in the place of God? but as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
Their fears were unfounded. A lot of lessons can be learned from Jacob, Joseph, and his brothers. What are we going to do with our lives? You have a choice.
- You can waste your life because you’ve been treated unfairly or you can rise above the trouble.
- You can stay in slavery to your emotions and the prison of your misfortunes or you can be set free from painful memories and live in the palace of absolute freedom in Christ.
- You can enjoy the years of your life or dwell in the shadows of the past.
- You can learn that the heartaches were all in the plan of God.
- You can end your life with Christ having as much joy as you experienced when you started it.
- You can live in fear and waste the precious time that God has given you or you can accept the forgiveness that is yours in Christ and enjoy the journey.
Well, if you think about the life of these people in the Bible I’m sure that you can come up with even more lessons that their lives teach us.